Tuesday, August 11, 2020

where has the time flown to?

didn't realise it was 2 weeks since my last post.
what have I been up to?
well not much really, some secret stitching which I'll shown very soon,
going to work, 2 days on 2 days off, doesn't give much time for anything except keeping the house clean and grocery shopping...
Speaking of shopping, found this little beauty in Aldi, one mug (small) or large cup brownie, 60 seconds and boy are they yum!

my garden is in Winter mode but there are hints of Spring...my beautiful orchids that used to be Dads, there are only a couple out yet, with more spikes peeking out...
the tete daffs are blooming beautiful..
such happy little flowers...
lucky me has lots of these throughout the garden

my daphne is blooming...this is in a bit of a hidden spot, it's the only place I can get it to grow in this garden....maybe I need one in a pot?
and my succulents are starting to push out some flower spikes too..
think I have also lost a few to frost...time to buy more when this stupid lockdown is over!

few more of these were made


and this is the front window at work...
my boss decided that he needed to thank our community for their continued support throughout this ongoing craziness, so he commissioned a local artist and this is the result...looks great
 

6 comments:

dq said...

That is a great sign and a nice thank you.

Your flowers are gorgeous!

Maria said...

Those microwave cup cakes are yummy.
Stunning orchid and so many other beautiful blooms in your garden
Such fabulous Thank You tribute to the folks of Healesville.

jude's page said...

It is amazing just how fast the year is whizzing by, and your garden photos look beautiful. That window looks stunning and what a lovely thought from your boss. Good to read about a positive story in this world of ours.

Karen's Korner said...

That cake could be become addictive especially in this cold weather. Lovely photos of your plants and great job on the masks.

kiwikid said...

So nice to see the spring flowers coming out. I don't eat those cup mixes but they are wonderful to send with Aussie Hero quilts. The window at your work is beautiful.

Jindi's Cottage said...

The flowers are so cheerful. What a great community minded boss, the window looks fabulous.