Saturday, September 19, 2020

some colour in the garden

remember that waratah my DH picked a few days ago, well it's starting to open up nicely
my azaleas are gorgeous this year, they always put on such a good show!
walking past the lavender bushes I couldn't resist all the bees, busy working away
bluebells, I have the traditional blue, pink (more mauve than pink) and white


Dutch Irises are starting to come out, I have these ones and purple (missed a photo of those sorry)

my orange tree is loaded with blossom
the succulent garden is blooming as well,

everything has grown really well, still need more plants and to finish off with some stones and rocks, 

but it's getting there...a work in progress 
Spring brings forth a new duck family, this is the first one I have spotted, 6 cute little fluff balls (yes I know there are only 5 in the photo, one didn't co operate!)
blockheads3...this one almost did me in...Jack and I were great friends...my head just wasn't in it, but glad I persisted, very happy with the end result
and some baking...warm blueberry and lemon cake with lemon glaze...just the thing for a lazy afternoon tea and some leftover for lunches the next day
and my normal Irises are putting on a show too...the best since I put them in several years ago

 enjoy the rest of your weekend...

6 comments:

jude's page said...

Your garden is amazing, and the photography is too. That block looks great, and yummo to your baking.

kiwikid said...

The flowers in your garden are beautiful Julie, this is the best time of the year I think. Nice to see the little ducklings. Your block heads block is stunning and that cake looks very yummy.

marina said...

beautiful blooms in your garden!
looks like a very fiddly block, well done for persisting.

dq said...

Flowers, duck family, and lemon cake - all delightful to read about today! Thanks for sharing your world!

Raewyn said...

Your garden is so lovely - your flower pictures are beautiful! I love your latest BH block - well done - so pleased to read you survived it and are feeling fulfilled now!

Janice said...

You have some beautiful flowers in your garden. Spring really puts on a show. That BH3 blocks was fiddly, but definitely worth the effort. I think I may just pop over to your house for afternoon tea. That cake looks divine.