Monday, November 10, 2008

Shh!!!! Don't tell DH

Hi out there in blogland....
today I had to go on a bit of a road trip to visit one of those government agencies that we all love so much (hate dealing with them!!!! very frustrating to say the least!) anyway, I waffle

.....paint store for the paint that of course is no longer available!!!! more frustrastion......

.....the lighting shop, kitchen fluro decided to quit on Thursday night.....doing things in the kitchen by the light from the rangehood...quite entertaining at times....

decided to make a little side trip for myself to Mrs Martins, and this is my little parcel (all nicely hidden now, so no telling!!!!!)
A cute little selection of wool felts, $3 per little scrap bag, a great way to add to the collection with colours that you may not use a great deal of, some gorgeous wide ric rac and a DMC thread.
And that's not to mention what I bought home last Friday after a visit to Sandlyn House (no blog)......2 new books that I have been looking at for a long while, a 60 degree ruler, and some lovely FQ's, all at 40% off. Justified as being for my birthday in a couple of weeks...how good is that!

And lastly I have been sewing, here are some things that I have been playing around with....
and these....
well, that's it for now,
take care until next time....
Julz

5 comments:

May Britt said...

The stars and the snowmen are so cute. Is there a pattern for them or did you make them up yourself. Oh yes it's time to think about christmas now. I have to get started some christmas presents right away :)

Stina Blomgren said...

Love your new purchases...wish I could find the woolfelt or wool whre I love!!! And I do also want to know about the stars and the snowmen... ;o)

simplestitches said...

thanks for your lovely comments. No patterns for these, but you never know, one day there might be....yes, Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before we know it.
Julz

Rustic Tarts said...

Those wool felts look gorgeous Julie, there is something about the richness of colour with the felt, isn't there?
And your stars & snowmen look very cute too - are they for TCCT this month? Hope you have a good month - we are hoping for a good one too - need some Christmas shopping money...lol!!!

chrisi said...

die Schneemänner sind sehr schön,leider finde ich solchen Filz bei uns nicht