Monday, August 12, 2019

wild weather

well there was some wild weather around on the weekend,
it snowed nearby..
no photos as I didn't venture out!
These cheeky devils were just down the road from my place ,
they are becoming more and more frequent visitors to our streets!
 planted these in my garden years ago after having them in a pot, 
they keep multiplying and smell divine1
 found this little  visitor in the garden on Sunday, only a juvenile, 
 We thought he was just very cold, as it was only 5 degrees outside, bought him inside to try and warm him up a bit, he wasn't moving very much even after a couple of hours, ended up taking him to the Healesville Sanctuary as we felt he wasn't well.
Turns out he had puncture marks on his back...so they are keeping him for a while to get him well again, and they will return him to us in the Spring so he can go back to his own territory.

3 comments:

kiwikid said...

You have a good selection of visitors! I hope the lizard is ok. Our weather has been cold for sure.

Denice Barker said...

Oh, my. Kangaroos and lizards in your back yard. I can't relate!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Julie i always love seeing the kangaroos visiting,oh i do hope that your lizard is ok,love the markings on him.
Your flowers are very pretty and even better if they have a wonderful fragrance,hope you have a wonderful Sunday my friend xx