Saturday, October 22, 2011

unbelievable!@!!!

just when you thought it was going to be a lovely weekend for a market...
we get a massive thunder, lightening and rain storm

not sure how much rain we had in about 30minutes, but I reckon it was about 50mm

I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow morning,
but I will see what the river is doing at the side of the market before I set up,
I don't want to get stuck because of flooding....

well, let's see what tomorrow morning brings, shall we?
Julz

4 comments:

Fiona said...

crazy weather.. that's a lotof rain... hope you get to the market...
Hugz

Lida said...

Oh how r.....! I hope it will dry up soon and the river will not rise to much! Wish you luck! Hugs
Lida

quilterliz said...

G'day. Yes, we got it here as well. The lightening was amazing and the rain flooded our back yard in minutes.We had 34mm in about 15 minutes. We are in the Shepparton direction. I hope to get to the November market, would have liked to have gone yesterday, but hubby, bless his heart, had other plans for us.Have a good day today. Take care. Liz...

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

Julz, 46mm in 1/2 hour. My house was flooded :- (
I was a blubbering mess when I rang the SES
what a bloody mess, mud, gravel etc.......... everywhere
I used 35 towels & spent all day today hosing mud away & pegginf towels on the line