Sunday, September 11, 2011

another weekend bites the dust...

well not quite dust????
it's cold wet and miserable at times here this weekend...
we have had it all except snow and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some of that on the nearby hills either!
The sun is shining as I write this post, however it will probably be rain and hail by the time I'm finished...that's my weather for today....
glad I'm inside with the coonara roaring!

Been prepping these.....


these few done last night...cut out, just need to be glued...that's tonights job, so I have some to stitch during the week

these ones have the hexies on them ready to be cut out....

still drawing hexies on this pile!

and these fabrics are the last lots to be cut into when I get time....

I think I have pulled enough fabrics out of the stash to get my 140 hexie flowers with a few more leftover...there are some that will probably not make it into the quilt....colours are not right....

I have gone through most of my stash looking for suitable colours...OMG did I find some old, old, old fabrics...from when I first started quilting about 15 years ago!!!!! and yes some of them will be in the quilt...but I'm not telling you which ones.....
Julz

PS I have been madly stitching my Friends Swap items but they will not be shown on here as I know Sandi has been sneaking peeks....but I'm getting there...should be finished by the end of next week and posted way before the 30th!

3 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

The fabrics look great and I too have dragged out all my old old ones....such fun :) Hugs Vicki x

Lida said...

Must start with mine tomorrow, I mean the friends swap, but went to a Guild exposition today and bought the things I needed! Hope she likes what I am gonna make! Yours will be wonderful like the things you made for me last year!
Hope the weather improves quickly, because you will have spring soon, autumn has arrived here! Hugs
Lida

Margaret said...

Hexies are so nice when finished ---- But oh! the back breaking drawing and cutting , look forward to coming back to see how it all comes together.