Sunday, May 1, 2011

bargains..

First Sunday of the month is market day in town...
just a little community market,
lots of stalls selling plants, clothes, old wares, junk (plenty of that!)
sometimes you find bargains, others you don't...
today I found bargains!

these gorgeous doileys were $3 for the lot!


this is a close up of the awesome stitching on these...
it was difficult to tell the front from the back...no kidding!

I've been on the lookout for one of these for ages...
there is a lady who paints them at the other market I go to, she sells them for $20 painted,
and you can't really use them except for decoration...
this one was two bucks!


and this is it opened up...totally gorgeous! and useful! and I love it!

the stall actually had another 2 like this one and one that had leaves as the plate bit...
wish I had got another one...maybe they will have them next time...

got out in the garden too, but not to finish the mulching! planting instead...
plant bargains to be had also,
beautiful pink cordylines...only $15 each,
have seen them in the nurseries and buninngs for about $30!

hope you all had a wonderful Sunday...it's almost over and back to the grind stone tomorrow!

almost forgot, I'm on the home straight with my new Christmas quilt...yippee!
Julz

2 comments:

Pauline said...

hi Julz..I cant believe you love that plate..omg I am sooooooo old......I had one of those and I hated it so much.....but I am old....!!!! have to say I love the doilys though.....i love old linens and things..hope you have a great week too..did I mention I am old???? lol

Abby and Stephanie said...

What lovely finds...interesting plate and I'm quite partial to the linens.