Sunday, June 7, 2020

celebrating some finishes!

 Yesterday I got to join a whole heap of lovely quilters in a zoom meeting to celebrate the Chooksheds 8 th birthday organised by Chookyblue...lots of fun, a bit of stitching and quality time spent with like minded people is just great for the soul...thank you ladies.
I will be looking at a whole lot more blogs soon!
the hearts are what I was working on and managed to finish 2 with quite a few more to go!
 saw these on FB tin can owls (need to use something different for the beak) but you get the idea...
they are usually made for decoration but I decided to add some succulents as I saw another lady do....
need more lids for eyes...and I'll try some other combos
 my orchids are starting to pop up some spikes, exciting finding them all.
 full moon last Friday was just amazing...photo is off my phone
 some of my Spotlight haul from the $40 off coupon and loads of specials 
and this is the top done, waiting on the backing and then it;s quilting time!
Julz

9 comments:

Maria said...

Was lovely to catch up even for a short while..
Nice Hearts and a gorgeous flimsy ....
Great stsah you picked up at Spotlight...
The tin can owls look fabulous and would be great for a kids school fate. Do they still do them ???

kiwikid said...

Your little hearts are very cute as are the owl planters, great way to use bits and pieces. Wonderful to have spikes on your orchids, nothing on mine. Great haul from Spotlight and your quilt is stunning.

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased you joined us stitching..... The owls are cute.... And the quilt is lovely and bright.... Goodluck quilting.....

loulee said...

Love your wee hearts.
Those owl planters look so neat.
It was a great get together and lovely to meet so many like minded people from all around the world.

jude's page said...

Yes, Chooky's party was amazing, and now that I have added heaps of blogs to my sidebar, realise that I have been reading yours for awhile now, love your photography and gardening skills

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty hearts. Love the owls - just the thing for the garden. You certainly bought up big with your voucher. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

dq said...

Those tin can owls are so cute!
I love your scrappy quilt top finish! Will you quilt it yourself?

Seeing what people worked on during the zoom up close in photos has been so fun. Zoom made bloggers so much more real. I loved it.

Lin said...

I love the quilt top - lovely bright colours, right up my street. What a brilliant idea those cans are - and perfect for planting. xx

Sheryl said...

Lovely little hearts and quilt top. Good idea with the owl can planters.