Sunday, April 17, 2011

lazy days....

well Sunday is here again, and almost over again!
I've been off on a weeks holiday, so tomorrow it's back to the grindstone!
Yikes...

We went up to Mansfield for a few days with the kids...
days turned cold and wet....
here is a lovely sunset of Mt Buller (yes behind those clouds)...
this was taken on Tuesday afternoon...

we had been in Mansfield to visit DHs sister,
had lunch and then decided on the way back to where we were staying to go up the mountain,
as we had heard they had snow!
yes snow in April!
(will show some pics in the next post...they're on my phone, cos I forgot my camera!)

The kids had a ball...literally...a snowball fight!
Mt Buller had had 10cm of snow overnight,
no wonder it was cold...
and lucky we had a fabulous fire to keep us warm!

Wednesday we went to the Mansfield Zoo...
fed the animals that followed us all around the place,
watched the lion being fed...wow! glad I wasn't in the pen with him...hungry fellow.

Came home on Thursday as it was still wet and miserable...
thought we might as well be home with weather like that!
Saturday, out in the garden and replanted all the front garden bed we had pulled out the week before...
looking good, that's some of it in the background.


This morning my DH found this huge butterfly out in the garden, bought it in to show the girls....

It wasn't a totally relaxed week off.
while away I decided that I would try to write some of my patterns up that have been sitting and waiting, and waiting and waiting...you get the idea...
well I've got one finished, just need a couple of fixes and a reread, and it should be done...
another one is almost completed (sewing stage) and the instructions are being done as I go with this one...something different for me!
more on that later....I might be in need of some help?????

Back to stitching now...
Julz

PS Oh yeah...nearly forgot!
The Chocoloate Crow Trader is out too...go here to have a look!

1 comment:

Lida said...

Sorry for you that the weather was so bad, but that snowfight must have been great! A few years back we went to Norway in June, in the valleys it was above 20 degrees and lovely weather, but we went on a trail into the mountains and had a snowstorm on the 13th! while dressed in summerclothes! Looking forward to your new patterns! Hugs
Lida